Thursday, October 7, 2010

Conversations-16



Thanks, Miss!

What for?

You're feeding me. I have been starving for the past week. You're kind enough.

Oh, ho... Don't be silly.

No, Miss! You're really kind.

Hmmm...

Do you really believe in reincarnation, Miss?

What?

Reincarnation.

Why do you ask?

The old man who visits this washroom every morning, keeps muttering, "I know you're Zack. Now you've come back as a grasshopper".

You mean, my dad?

Is he your dad?

Yes. Did he talk to you about Zack?

Sure. But who's Zack? By the way I can see your eyes too light up. Is Zack someone special?

You said it, Greenie! Zack was our life...

Was?

Yeah, he ... Zack was our pet dog. He died two months ago due to sudden illness. Our family is trying to come out of depression caused by his untimely demise..

Am sorry, Miss!

Eat first. We will talk later.

Does not matter, Miss. I had a few bites already. NOthing to worry. I will eat leisurely.

Greenie... Do you mind if I call you 'Greenie'?

What's there in a name? Call me anything. I am a grasshopper and your naming me does not alter anything.

Thanks, Greenie. You used the word, "reincarnation". What do you know about this? How did you come to know this terminology?

Good question, Miss. Your dad, over the past seven days has spoken a lot on this. Someone dies and he and she returns to earth again giving a lot of signs that the soul is the same old one, but the body is new.

Wow...

Do I make sense, Miss?

Of course. Go ahead.

That's all, Miss.

What's your plan like, Greenie? What I mean is do you plan to stay longer here? Are you comfortable? If you wish, I can move you to my room. Your wish.

Well, I have been here for a week. A bit smelly. I love a bit of loneliness and this washroom is fine with me. Coming back to your question, how long I stay depends a lot of what is destined. I have no idea. If I feel like, I may fly away through that broken window - through which I came in the first place. Nevertheless, I will not go away immediately.

Thanks, Greenie. Any particular food you have in mind? Let me know. I can fetch.

Cool, Miss. Am comfortable with fresh leaves. That's what you fed me a few moments ago.

Good. Let me catch up with you tomorrow since I have classes to attend. Ciao!

What did you say?

Ciao. That means, I am going out. Will meet you and later. Okay?

Okay.

Take care, Greenie.

How to respond to that, Miss!

Say, "Have a nice day!"

Have a nice day, Miss!

Thank you, Greenie!

(To be continued)

No comments: